Over two years in development—it will see time this year in the White Cloud Range in Idaho and the John Muir trail in California; Prototypes have been in the Marathon de Sables, the Tor des Géants, Ultra Bolivia Race, and countless other self-supported adventures all of which have been proving grounds for the Epic. When a lightweight, self supported ultra-adventure is in the works, this is the pack to realize the dream. Main compartment holds over 11 liters; Total capacity of the Epic is 25 L.
• Classic Alpine style top loading pack.
• Zippered top pocket.
• Side compression straps.
• Elastic mesh quick stash pocket with dual quick release compression straps.
• Simple wrap around waist belt stabilizes a fully loaded pack, with single adjustable speed hook closure and zippered elastic power net mesh pockets for access to gear on the go.
• Classic vest styled shoulder straps.
• Dual lower elastic mesh front pockets come standard with two 550mL soft touch UltraFlask™ bottles.
• Proprietary large-holed mesh, made of soft microfiber polyester for comfort and breathability.
• Soft and supple perimeter binding made with polyester to wick away moisture, and stay comfortable against bare skin.
• Dual Max O2 Sternum™: A hook-type attachment system with enhanced recoil for better range of motion, and quick in and out. Breathe easy–adjust once and lock it down to eliminate further fuss even when taking off and on.
• Upper open mesh front pocket with draw cord for smaller flasks or multiple packets of energy gel.
• Enlarged zippered upper front essentials pocket for keys, credit cards or other secure items.
• Shock cord attachment loops at bottom of pack for access to Z-poles or other essentials on the go.
• External ice ax/hiking pole loops with shock cord attachments.
• External sleeve for access to hydration reservoir up to 3 L. (Sold separately).
• Includes rain-fly which tucks away in bottom pocket.